Leaving school? We can help you move up in the world.
If you're a student with a disability, Geneva Elevator offers a 'transition from school' programme.
The transition from school programme is a free service and referrals are accepted for students with a disability aged 16 to 21. We work with ORS funded students aged 16 to 21 in the last year of school. Referrals are generally made via your school,
please contact us
and we can provide you with assistance.
Transition is the process of deciding where and what you want to do with your life once school finishes. We can help you make this move as easy and successful as possible.
During your last year at school, one of our Transition Specialists will help you figure out what type of goal you'd like to aim for and will help you develop your own personal Transition Plan. This means we work together with you, your family and your school to help you achieve your goals for the future.
Depending on your goals and skills, you might decide to try one or more of the following options: unpaid work sampling or work experience, paid employment, training, tertiary study or voluntary work.
What happens when you contact us:
1. You're referred to Geneva Elevator's Transition Team.
2. Everyone involved gets together to talk with you (school, Geneva Elevator, family).
3. It's all about choice: we outline all options.
4. We work together to develop your Transition Plan.
5. Put your plan into action. Life skills, work skills, work experience.
6. You've done it! Successful transition to paid employment, training, tertiary study, voluntary work or community participation.
Why choose Geneva Elevator for your Transition service?
We are passionate about helping young people with disabilities reach their full potential. We have a proven track record of helping students reach their goals for over a decade. We aim to make this time of change as easy and successful as possible. And remember our services are totally FREE.
If you want to read about some of our transition stories, click here
To find out more about how we can help you please phone 0508 353 828 or email email@example.com
You can download the Geneva Elevator referral form here
(.doc 115 KB)